Japanese company San-X created several famous characters such as Rilakkuma, Kogepan, etc. However, if you haven’t heard of “Sumikko Gurashi” before, you are behind the time!
“Sumi” means “corner” in Japanese, and usually connect with something or someone is castaway, which called “Sumikko”. “Sumikko Gurashi” is a set of fictional characters based on this idea. Therefore, the characters all have some negative personality and have their own story!
“Sumikko Gurashi” is now hit a boom in Asia. You can usually seen in the shop and even have several specialty shop in Japan. The film of “Sumikko Gurashi” will be in the theater in November, 2019!
Characters in Sumikko Gurashi
- Shirokuma: A shy polar bear who ran away from the North.
- Penguin?: A kappa yet loosing his plate on the head, and always think himself is a penguin.
- Tonkatsu: An edge slice from a fried pork cutlet. His little partner is a leftover tail of a fried shrimp.
- Neko: A cat has social anxiety.
- Tokage; An aquatic dinosaur who usually poses as a lizard to avoid being captured.